Featuring Franny Felt, famous felt fanatic... BAAAAA and welcome to my fabulous felt page. I know, this is really National Nonwovens' homepage, but they are sharing with me in return for my expert advice. Not that they need it. National Nonwovens has been providing the world with phenomenal felt longer than Little Bo Peep has been tending to my flock.
- Wholesale Order Checklist
- Boiled WoolFelt® Instructions
- Pattern Partners
- Book & Publication Projects
- Retail information
- Shade-of-the-Month Promotion
- Companion Pricing Program
Catch up on our latest Felt News.
Each season, National Nonwovens shares news about all the exciting product introductions, new colors, make-it-yourself projects, and industry events. Our FeltNews Arts & Education Newsletter is also the place to find updates on our Pattern Partners and Designers using our products. There is even a "Gossip and Refreshments" section so don't want to miss an issue!
- Page 1: Felt:FYI Special Issue, Folklore
- Page 2: Felt:FYI Fiber
- Page 3: Felt:FYI Wool, Nonwovens?
- Page 4: Gossip & Refreshments
- Page 1: Making Memories: Apostrophe S
- Page 2-3: Keepsake Stockings
- Page 3: New Santas
- Page 4: Gossip & Refreshments
- 2016 Summer FeltNews. Feature Story – WoolFelt Landscapes and Camping Projects. View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2016 Spring FeltNews. Feature Story – New Colors: Once Upon a WoolFelt Collection. View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2016 Winter FeltNews. Feature Stories – Customer Loyalty Program and WoolFelt Amour ( French Designers). View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2015 Autumn FeltNews. Feature Stories – GlitzyFelt and Annie’s Keepsakes, View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2015 Summer FeltNews. Feature Stories – Gwen Brown Retires and New Books. View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2015 Spring FeltNews. Feature Stories – New Colors and Designer Spotlight. View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2014-2015 Winter FeltNews. Feature Stories – Pre-cut Felt Kits. View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2014 Autumn FeltNews. Feature Stories – Made in America. View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
- 2014 Summer FeltNews. Feature Stories – Updated Color Cards. View Pages: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4
Would you like to sign-up to receive our newsletters in the mail? Email Sandy and tell her you want to be on the mailing list.
Here's what you will need to place a wholesale order
Thank you for considering becoming a National Nonwovens' customer. The minimum order requirements are $200 on initial order and $75 on reorders within one year.
- Style (WCF001, TOY002, etc…)
- Color (color number helpful but not required)
- Quantity and Put-Ups (bolts, squares, etc…)
- Date needed
- Ship-to Location
- Method of Payment
All orders are shipped UPS or ABF, COD; unless customer specifies otherwise. FOB Easthampton, Massachusetts.
Please call National Nonwovens' Customer Service Department to place your wholesale order at 1-800-333-3469 ext. 1641 (Paul), ext. 1643 (Don), or ext. 1645 (Dianne).
View/Download PDF version
Sherpa-like, fleece-like felt in a wonderful natural fiber-blend.
Creating fleece-like felt is fun and easy. This Sherpa look is perfect for wearables, decorative accessories, and stuffed animals. Sherpa-like textures are made with National Nonwovens' WCF001 or TOY002 WoolFelt® fabrics.
- Wet National Nonwovens' WCF001 or TOY002 WoolFelt® completely in a sink or basin. Do not rub or agitate. Wet each color separately (some dye may be released into the water - this is normal).
- Squeeze by hand to remove as much water as possible. Avoid wringing as it may stretch the material.
- Place in a standard tumble clothes dryer on regular setting until WoolFelt® is nearly dry (approximately 35 minutes). Do not over dry. Dry light colors separately from darker colors. Colors may change slightly during drying process.
- Lay flat to dry completely, smoothing fabric gently by hand. Large wrinkles may be removed by using a light steam iron held just above the surface of the fabric. Return felt to its original form by pressing with a steam iron.
Results may vary. Because WoolFelt® contains 20% wool in WCF001 and 35% wool in TOY002, some shrinkage will occur during this process. Across a 36" wide swatch, there may be a loss of 2-4 inches. In length, the fabric may lose 3-5 inches per yard. To avoid future shrinkage upon completion, dry cleaning is recommended.
Please visit our Pattern Partner Page to see samples from these creative artists and obtain their contact information.
Create with our Pattern Partners and Designer Associates
Hundreds – maybe thousands - of patterns have been elevated by the rich textures and trendy hues of WoolFelt® fabrics and WoolWisps® needle felt rovings. And these two product lines are just the beginning of what National Nonwovens offers to designers and retailers who seek rich, diverse, heirloom quality materials for their quilt, craft, and wearable projects.
MANY pattern companies and designers feature National Nonwovens’ products in their projects. These companies create some of the industry’s most popular projects. They have a lot in common. They all love the quality, they all are inspired by the colors, and they all have significantly contributed to the enormous popularity of National Nonwovens’ felt products.
Discover & Create:
Visit our Book & Project Page.
Get creative by using the most recognizable felt in the industry!
We are perhaps proudest of the many endorsements from the leading designers in the Quilt and Craft Industry. Thanks to their enthusiastic support, our products have appeared in countless publications and have been featured in many wonderful project books.
Please see our Project Page to see highlights of recent Book and Publication Projects
It's easy to buy National Nonwovens felt at a retailer
Please call National Nonwovens for a complete list of retail stores, 1-800-333-3469 ext. 1641 (Paul), ext. 1643 (Don), or ext. 1645 (Dianne).
You can also visit our online retail shop at www.commonwealthfelt.com
SAVE 5% on a selected shade(s) every month.
2017 Colors of the Month
|January - White|
|February - Red|
|March - Green|
|April - Yellow|
|May - Purple|
|June - Blue|
|July - Red|
|August - Pink|
|September - Black|
|October - Orange|
|November - Brown|
|December - Green|
Combine products and receive better prices
National Nonwovens does more than just SAY they care about their customers, they PROVE their commitment with their Companion Pricing Program. Customers can couple products together and receive a more favorable pricing structure when purchasing multiple products.
Here's how it works. Normally, when buying large volumes of one of National Nonwovens' companion products, the price break is according to the quantity purchased. With the Companion Pricing Program, the price of the companion product, within its own pricing category, will fall into the same price tier of the larger volume urchase. Customers are invited to pick and choose between both bolts and squares.
National Nonwovens has conveniently companioned the following product lines:
- CHNFelt and Athletic Letter Backing (LTR)
- FiestaFelt®, XoticFelt® and WoolFelt®
- CHNFelt, FiestaFelt®, WoolFelt®, and Athletic Letter Back