Perform a variety of tasks in a support or production capacity to assigned production line or machinery and personnel. Ensure the safe and productive performance of assigned duties and responsibilities to manufacture a quality product and meet the goals of the corporation.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Job Classification: Salaried, full-time, exempt
Reports To: Production Supervisor.
Responsible for baling all production waste-sweeps, trims, and broken bales.
Responsible for trash removal from production areas.
May move materials or bales as needed. May assist in production as helper.
Adheres to and uses safe work practices, following safety rules and regulations. Reports unsafe conditions or work practices to supervisor.
Maintain neat/clean/safe work area to prevent injury or product contamination. Routinely clean equipment and tooling used in process (housekeeping).
Responsible for quality and expediency of work.
Other responsibilities/duties as required or requested
Communicates regularly with others within limited areas of the organization for purpose of giving and receiving information closely related to work in progress.
Decision-making occurs on a limited basis and is based on clearly defined policies and procedures, established practices and explicit directions. Reviewed by Production Supervisor on a daily basis.
Extremely disagreeable heat levels. Extremely noise levels. Handling of enclosed chemicals/dyes. Exposure to various types of fibers. Wet areas. Factory environment.
Training/Education: High School/GED/4 year diploma..
Experience: Previous experience in manufacturing, production machine or operation preferred (ex: Set-Up Person, Helper, Packer, Shipping, Inventory, Operator).
Other requirements: Good communication skills. Ability to use, understand and create written/mathematical materials related to the job. Ability to learn and follow directions.
Production machines, supplies, and related equipment. Safety and personal protective equipment will vary dependent on assignment. Pen/pencil. Forklift, hand truck.
- Physical demand can vary according to position being covered: frequently performing as machine assistant/helper: up to 5 hours a shift.
- Use of hand truck and hand jack: walking position, arm manipulation, some leg effort: barrels weighing 10 - 500 lbs.: 20 - 100 times a shift
- Open and close freight elevator: arm/shoulder manipulation and control, standing position pulling down and pushing up doors: up to 10 times a shift.
- Operate electric truck: keen vision, walking position, finger/arm manipulation.
- Complete paperwork: keen vision, finger/hand manipulation in writing: ongoing during shift.
- Sweep and bag sweeps and trim: standing and bending, arm/upper body effort, leaning and balance: up to 20 hours a week.
- Bale material: arm/shoulder manipulation, arm and upper body effort, standing and bending: up to 20 hours,a week.
- Usually in walking and standing position.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.