Latest Press Releases
- Introducing The On Vacation Collection
- National Nonwovens Mourns Loss of CEO Anthony J. Centofanti
- National Nonwovens Awarded ISO 9001: 2015 Certification
- Craft & Hobby Division is renamed Arts & Education Division
- Five New Technical Product Lines
- Ultra-ProTechtor™ Fire-Blocker
- National Nonwovens Installs Air-Laid Needlepunch Production Line
- Previous press releases - news archive
- Featured Stories - highlights from National Nonwovens' newsletters, media features, and press releases.
- FeltNews - Arts & Education Newsletter
- Tradeshows - upcoming and past exhibitions
- Download Page - Handouts and Swatch Cards available to view and print
The engineers from National Nonwovens’ Technical Division were extremely successful in displaying the company’s advanced technical products at the Aircraft Interiors Expo 2019 in Hamburg, Germany. National Nonwovens was well received and recognized as the leader and innovator of a new generation of nonwoven aerospace materials and had the opportunity to expose the market to our vast technical product offerings, including:
- Composite insulating/structural cores and acoustic damping – for thermal insulation, vibration damping, and acoustic attenuation
- Flight deck protection and aircraft armor – superior protection in an advanced lightweight, moldable material
- Super absorbent, anti-microbial material – for containment of condensation and/or residual moisture
- Vibration and strain isolators – improves performance of aerospace products and materials by effectively absorbing and reducing vibrations and isolating strain.
- Seat Materials – advanced fire-blocker for all aircraft seating dress covers and cushioning materials
- Flooring - Strength and stability in carpet underlayment
National Nonwovens, the original manufacturer of wool felt, introduces the On Vacation Collection consisting of six new WoolFelt® colors. Each new color is a wool-rayon blend felt in the product style TOY002.
The new colors have a fun, vacation-beach vibe and were inspired by some National Nonwovens’ favorite designer friends and customers. The colors also mirror what color experts are forecasting to be popular this season in multiple industries. The colors include, Limelight, Pink Frost, Ageless Bronze, Suntan, Caribbean Coral, and Jaded Ocean. One of these colors is an old favorite, Aged Bronze, that was brought back. It is now renamed Ageless Bronze because it never seems to get old or outdated.
National Nonwovens now has approximately 200 WoolFelt® colors. This places National Nonwovens far ahead of the competition and further exemplifies the company’s commitment to providing customers with an unmatched portfolio of products and colors. READ MORE...
It is with great sadness that National Nonwovens announces the sudden loss of Anthony J. Centofanti, longtime CEO and President of National Nonwovens. Tony passed peacefully on April 4, 2019. Everyone at National Nonwoven mourns this tremendous loss.
Tony, along with his wife, soulmate, and business partner Michalina A. Centofanti, assumed the management of National Nonwovens in 1992 and transformed the company into a global leader of highly-engineered nonwovens. Under Tony’s leadership National Nonwovens became recognized for its breath of technology, commitment to meeting customers’ technical requirements, and as an innovator of advanced nonwoven solutions.
Prior to becoming CEO of National Nonwovens, Tony specialized in the turnaround management of struggling companies. His career included Mobil Oil, Albany International, Tex-Tech Industries, and Poly-Bond. He also previously served on the Board of INDA, a textile organization. READ MORE...
National Nonwovens is pleased to announce that it has earned ISO 9001: 2015 certification for successfully applying a quality system for the design, application development, manufacturing and sale of Technical Nonwoven textiles with core competence in needlepunch technologies, chemical enhancements, and dyeing capabilities servicing the medical, aerospace, technical, industrial, arts and education markets.
We recognize that our customers are the driving force for our organization and we will always strive toward providing our customers the best consistent quality products and service on time every time,” said National Nonwovens President and CEO Anthony Centofanti. “We consider continuous improvement of our compliant Quality Management Systems — a part of everything we do — a journey, not a destination.”. READ MORE...
Formula for Success, featuring R&D Scientist Mark Lawrence
Formula for Success: Lab Renovations + Passion for Solving Problems. Mark Lawrence is no rookie to R&D. Spending 17 of his 22 years working at National Nonwovens as a Research and Development Scientist has given him a unique perspective.
“I have been a part of our company’s transformation from a commodity manufacturer to a specialty producer of highly technical products,” says Mark. “This evolution has included changes in all READ MORE...
Engineering Advancements Result in New Aerospace Products
Technical products Acoustruct®, Silnt®, KushnBlok®, Nukuls®, and TechWick® meet strict aerospace requirements. National Nonwovens’ Research & Development Team has been very productive in the past several years developing their newest, highly engineered Technical Product Lines.
The five new product lines solve demanding application challenges and strict requirements, especially those facing manufacturers READ MORE...
Craft & Hobby becomes Arts & Education Division
National Nonwovens rebrands key division. National Nonwovens reveals the new name for its Craft & Hobby Division as the Arts & Education Division! The renaming emphasizes National Nonwovens’ focus on the growing creative markets in textile arts and the products supplied to several education sectors. Rebranding the division further accentuates National Nonwovens’ primary goal to align products with the businesses and consumers served. READ MORE...
Made in America, Manufacturing Wool Felt Since 1905
National Nonwovens has produced wool felt in Easthampton, Massachusetts for over 110 ten years. Our “Made in the U.S.A.” statement is usually located at the bottom of a label or color swatch card, typically in small print. Why are we broadcasting this statement so boldly now? Because after listening to our customers, we learned that choosing American-made products is very important and critical in their decison-making process when buying products. Often, buyers and store owners READ MORE...