National Nonwovens is ISO 9001:2015 Certified
Product Overview. View and print
WoolFelt in 100+ Colors
We are globally recognized as the premier manufacturer of wool felt
Call or email your National Nonwovens representative to receive your copy.
Nonwoven and Felt Products
National Nonwovens is a world leader in engineering nonwoven products for its customers from super-absorbent materials for medical needs to composite structural cores on aircraft. As a leader in innovative technology, we will meet your diverse application challenges with superior fiber-processing capabilities.
- Technical Nonwovens
- WoolFelt and Felt Fabrics
Manufacturing & Technical Capabilities
Processing - Take advantage of the Industry’s most advanced and successful nonwoven:
- Web Forming - air laid and carded crossed laid
- Construction - chemical bond, felted wool, needlepunch, thermo-bond, and composites
Finishing and Post Processing - offering a full range of finishing options and in-house post-processing enhancements:
- Chemical Enhancement – top-coat, saturate, wash and dye
- Mechanical Enhancement - press, calendar, glaze, singe and laminate (composite, adhesive, web, pressure sensitive film)
- Customized Processing - slitting, die-cut shapes, special kit assembly, molded acoustic panels, tow (finish treatment) and cut (to requirements) special packaging as required
Research and Development - Scaled equipment replicating production equipment and stringent quality control ensures successful product launches. We also offer engineered designed fabric support for those applications in the Ballistic Protection and Containment product category.
- FAR25-853-A&B (vertical burn)
- FAR25-856-A (radiant panel compliant)
- Forced loading capability (drop tower)
- B&K Impedance Tube Acoustical Analysis
- Thermal Conductivity
Quality Control. Our controlled environment conditioning room ensures optimum quality.
Material Evaluation. We have laboratory equipment to evaluate:
Capabilities Overview. View and print Capabilities Overview.
- Thickness - variable load thickness measuring: Tensile Modulus, Young’s Modulus, Poisson’s Ratio, Surface tension of Liquids
- Tensile Strength
- Tear Strength
- Thermal Stability
- Wash & Dry Clean Resistance
- Mullen Burst
- Flame Resistance
- Gurley Stiffness Tester
- Chemical Composition
- Color Matching
- Fiber Identification
Analytical capability to analyze products for material content and construction